Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Waiting in Denver

Hello! I really want to continue and finish describing my Thanksgiving visit to Lewiston, MN and Elgin, IL but first I wanted to let you know that I'm in Denver! I drove for two days from Ely, MN to reach here. I intended to have a day's layover here and visit my friend Scott who I met earlier this year in Ely.

My layover day was yesterday, and during that time I learned that a decent storm was brewing in the entire west, bringing snow. So for the time being I am watching the weather and staying right here in Colorado.

Scott lives south of the city in Parker and it is a really cute town. Hopefully I will get some photos to post of the Christmas lights. I was quite pleased with myself yesterday afternoon because I went on Scott's run with him, four miles at about 6300 feet elevation, and I was able to complete the run and felt pretty well!

You may know that I had planned to fly to Calif. for Christmas and New Year so why did I drive instead? Stay tuned to find out. Until then, Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment