It is Christmas Day. Scott and I went to 9:30 mass at Ave Maria Catholic Church. We sang several Christmas hymns, which was nice. Then at Scott's request we made a brunch of biscuits and sausage gravy. It was the first time I have made this, and it turned out well! I have been getting lots of recipes, or at least guidance, from the internet since I left all my cookbooks in storage. While I was making the food, we listened to last year's Prairie Home Companion Christmas Show, dated Dec. 20, 2008. I highly recommend this particular show - I have listened to it about five times and for some reason I just love it! Check it out on the PHC website. While we ate we watched Planet Earth: Deserts, and Ice Worlds. Then I tried to telephone Mom and then Karla, but I think they were on the phone with each other. Scott's daughter called him from Italy, where she is visiting her college roommate's family.
I know this photo of me is dorky - I was trying to keep from blinking because of snowflakes! I just wanted to post this photo of Rufus - he looks like a poster child for a homeless cat shelter. "Please give me a better home!" Looking right at the camera.

Here are a couple photos of Scott's cat, King. He is like an alien creature to me. Not sure if he is actually the same species as Rufus.

He likes to sit leaning against walls or furniture. Very alien. This is my fifth day here and he is finally letting me pet him a little bit.

I was pleased last night that Hanne, Dad, Barbara, Ron, Brian, Nicole, Tyler, and the other kids called me after they had had their Danish Christmas dinner, gift opening, and rice pudding dessert.
She hasn't blogged for over TWO MONTHS! What is she waiting for? CHRISTMAS? Oh, wait. That WAS Christmas!
ReplyDeleteI hope you're doing well, dear Sally.