She's applying chinking to the cracks. It's made of clay-type mud, straw, and lime.
There are some tiles lying around in the carport so I offered to install them on the wall behind where the woodstove will be. We have had unusually warm weather and it seems everyone around here is taking advantage and pushing their luck to get more outdoor stuff done.I may have mentioned that there's a rock ridge behind our cabin. I took a walk up there last Sunday to enjoy the beautiful weather. Since there was a little bit of snow in patches, it was a little slippery up there, but mostly fine. Here is the view:




Woo hoo! Can't wait to see you! :) Have a fun and safe trip!
ReplyDeletehey Sally - greetings from NE California. I was emailing Lara today and she sent us your blog. Cool! Looks like you're having fun in Minnesota. Happy holidays,
ReplyDelete-Chris & Amy Bielecki (Humboldt classmates)
PS: We are now co-workers =0
Wow! Hey, Chris and Amy! Great to hear from you! Where do you work?
ReplyDeletehey! We're both with Lassen NF out of Susanville.
ReplyDelete